I’m on a mission to explore as much of Malaysia while I’m living here as possible and Borneo was high on my list! Come with me on day one of my amazing adventure at Gunung Mulu National Park, a highlight of all my travels in 2016. It’s a UNESCO World Heritage Site filled with amazing experiences in the Sarawak rain forest. I walked on a half kilometre Canopy Skywalk and was in the Deer & Lang Caves, which boast over 2 MILLION bats! In fact, I saw thousands of bats, walked for hours in some of the prettiest forest I’ve seen in my life, and had a blast that day.
The canopy skywalk experience was a group guided tour through Mulu Park, which was very fun. Then I booked a private VIP tour though the (OMG so fabulous!!) Mulu Marriott where I was staying (review launching soon) with their top guide Steve Duloi and we had a blast. A special thanks to the Sarawak Tourism Board for helping me plan my trip, it was absolutely perfect.
Tours & Cost – Mulu National Park
- Canopy Skywalk: Takes around 2 hours, cost is RM 43
- Deer & Lang Caves: I’d say this takes around 4 – 5 hours
- Private Tour with Mulu Marriott that includes Deer & Lang Cave + Clearwater & Wind Cave costs MYR 548 net for adults / 326 net for children and includes Park entrance, guide fee, boat transfer, survival kit (torch, poncho, water, snack, sling bag), and picnic lunch at Clearwater Cave (Chosen from à la carte menu)
- Group Tour / Family Tour with Mulu Marriott (maximum 7 guests) that includes Deer & Lang Cave + Clearwater & Wind Cave costs MYR 373 net for adults / 175 net for children and includes Park entrance, guide fee, boat transfer, survival kit (torch, poncho, water, snack, sling bag), and picnic lunch at Clearwater Cave (Chosen from à la carte menu)
- Check out the fees for Mulu National Park and check out all the information you need to plan your trip
- Be sure to follow the Sarawak Tourism Board on Facebook and Instagram. For more information on Sarawak and things to do during your Borneo adventure, check out their website.
© 2016, Angela Carson and ExpatAngela.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.