Men Who Play Cricket are Sexy, Especially RCB Indian Premier League IPL6 Players in Bangalore
So last night I was chatting with a friend and telling him about my day, which included my first trip to the M.Chinnaswamy Cricket Stadium here in Bangalore for a couple of meetings with the KSCA to discuss the KPL. The stadium is fantastic, as are the guys who run the association. Somehow we started talking about how, in general, women find cricket players extremely attractive, if not more attractive than other guys. For me, I wasn’t exposed to cricket back in California when I was a kid so until I moved to Europe 18 years ago I was completely unfamiliar with the sport. And in Spain I didn’t see a lot of it but here it is impossible not to be entranced and sucked into cricket. It’s the national pastime.
And for whatever reason, in some way or another, the guys who play it appear to simply be hotter than normal guys. I have a few ideas about why most women adore cricketers, but surely my list will fall short of all the reasons why and hopefully ladies will leave comments here and add to it. Here are a few of my reasons:
- Confidence: it certainly takes – excuse me for this – balls to get out there in front of thousands or millions of people and do ANYTHING, especially something that is “live” and you don’t get any do-overs when you screw up. I mean, when I am writing I can delete and you never know about my goof-ups. But not cricket players. They stand tall, walk proud and WORK IT every time they play. And that is certainly attractive.
- Sex appeal: I think probably the confidence and sex appeal could be considered one thing in my book but these guys look cool in their sunglasses and tracky bottoms running around the field. They generally have great attitudes and smiles and that is hot.
- Fame: I know none of us want to admit it but there is definitely something fun about being able to see action photos in a magazine or newspaper of your favourite cricketer – or watch them on TV. That “star power” is something that is universal anywhere around the world and most people are drawn into the glow, whether we want to admit it or not. The more famous someone is, the more they become like a brand – and we all have our favourite brands!
- Fit body: Of course this is on the list! In the U.S., our sports heroes don’t always have to be fit given what sport or possibly what position they play, for example football line backers. But here, the cricketers seem to be in shape and have the most amazing arms. And if they would just get a bit more excited like the Spanish footballers (yes, soccer, my American friends) and take their shirts off after a great play – I bet they have amazing abs under their uniforms too!
- Talent: They are the best of the best so that makes them power guys. At least to me, power is sexy when it’s used for good and not evil.
- Uniform: I love a man in a uniform! Military, Star Wars Rebel Alliance, pilots, policemen – hell, I dated an actor who played a cop and even that was sexy even though I knew he was just playing dress up! Uniforms rock, and cricket uniforms are just slightly baggy where they should be and snug where it counts. They certainly beat the very unattractive basketball uniforms (sorry, guys!).
CLICK HERE for more on IPL…the Cheerleaders! Read all about the Delhi Daredevils IPL6 Cheerleaders, and check out 70+ behind-the-scenes photos of the girls.
Now don’t get me wrong, there is much more to a man than how he looks and what he does for a living. Just like there is more to us…and an ocean of complexity and spirit behind every woman’s eyes. I am certainly not suggesting that all male cricketers are great guys, amazing husbands or perfect friends. But… I am looking forward to getting to know a few of them better. So I will have to check back to confirm if what is on the inside is as delightful as the packaging!
XOXO from Bangalore
© Angela Carson and Angela’s Adventures in Bangalore blog and photos, 2011
Latest posts by Angela Carson (see all)
- A 5-Day Guide to New York - 21/05/2018
- Kuala Lumpur: Life In A Malaysian Moist Cake Bakery - 09/05/2018
- Hassan al-Kontar | Meeting Syrian Living 46 Days in Malaysian Airport - 22/04/2018