Malaysian Cold Brew Coffee by DEGAYO – Trying it @ Jibby & Co in Subang Jaya
I only started drinking coffee when I moved to Hong Kong in 2014 and I know my palette is still not very mature even after two years. It’s basically like when us girls first start drinking alcohol and we can only really enjoy the sweet, fruity drinks … I think that’s still where I’m at with coffee, which is massively embarrassing given that I’m a food blogger!! So when my new favourite Malaysian coffee brand invited me to learn a bit about Cold Brew I jumped at the chance. DEGAYO is an ethically-run, family-owned coffee company that basically serves tree-to-cup delicious blends of coffee … and they are the brand of coffee that I choose to drink at home. Businesses who buy their beans care about quality, and include Enfin by James Won here in KL, Black Kettle in Penang, and as I’ve just learned today … the charming and cool Jibby & Co at Empire Shopping Gallery in Subang Jaya (home to a TANGS, I had no idea!).
My Review >> So it turns out that Cold Brew coffee has a completely different taste to even an Americana brew. It’s sweet and the process brings to the surface all the fruity notes that coffee beans possess it seems. It’s still bold, yet smooth. It’s really tasty, too! In fact, I am going to give it a go more and more as I ween myself off the iced lattes and into a more ‘big girl’ coffee drink 😉
And as far as Jibby & Co goes, I hope to get back there soon to meet the chef and try their food since sadly 10am was just too early for me but it’s a really cute place and the owners were wonderfully lovely.
#FunFacts About DEGAYO’s Cold Brew
- Aaron is the coffee expert who was on hand today, who taught me that cold brew is a labour of love that requires between 8 – 20 hours of brewing before it can be served. They made the coffee I was drinking over 14 hours ago, which I find really cool.
- Cold brew can last up to a week in the refrigerator
- It can be consumed cold, at room temperature, or heated … it’s up to each of us to decide how it tastes best
Contact DEGAYO and JIBBY & CO
- I really am a HUGE fan of DEGAYO and their brand story is a lovely one so do visit their website. They’re also quite new to social media so hop over and give their Facebook page a LIKE 🙂
- For more information on Jibby & Co, visit their Facebook page
© 2017, Angela Carson and ExpatAngela.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
Latest posts by Angela Carson (see all)
- A 5-Day Guide to New York - 21/05/2018
- Kuala Lumpur: Life In A Malaysian Moist Cake Bakery - 09/05/2018
- Hassan al-Kontar | Meeting Syrian Living 46 Days in Malaysian Airport - 22/04/2018