Malaysian Long Boats, Village Life, Caves – Mulu National Park in Sarawak Borneo with Mulu Marriott
Exploring the natural beauty of Malaysia and it’s rich cultural heritage was never more fun for me than THIS trip to Sarawak, Borneo (check out day one of my trip with the bats and Canopy Skywalk). Heading out on a traditional Malaysian long boat before any other tourists in Gunung Mulu National Park was the BEST choice to enhance my travel experience. Not only was I able to shoot the Cave of the Winds and Clearwater Cave in the UNESCO World Heritage Site without anyone else around but it offered me a glimpse into real village life along the Sungai Melinau Paku river that I will never forget.
What an amazing DAY, one of my favourites of 2016 to be exact! Organised through Mulu Marriott, I had my own private guide — once again the charming and knowledgeable Steve Duloi — plus my very own long boat, and even a yummy picnic lunch in a bento box catered by the hotel awaiting me at Clearwater Cave.
Tours & Cost – Mulu National Park
- Penan Settlement, Cave of the Winds and Clearwater Cave: Takes around 3 hours from Mulu Marriott
- Private Tour with Mulu Marriott that includes Deer & Lang Cave + Clearwater & Wind Cave costs MYR 548 net for adults / 326 net for children and includes Park entrance, guide fee, boat transfer, survival kit (torch, poncho, water, snack, sling bag), and picnic lunch at Clearwater Cave (Chosen from à la carte menu)
- Group Tour / Family Tour with Mulu Marriott (maximum 7 guests) that includes Deer & Lang Cave + Clearwater & Wind Cave costs MYR 373 net for adults / 175 net for children and includes Park entrance, guide fee, boat transfer, survival kit (torch, poncho, water, snack, sling bag), and picnic lunch at Clearwater Cave (Chosen from à la carte menu)
- Check out the fees for Mulu National Park and all the information you need to plan your trip
- Be sure to follow the Sarawak Tourism Board on Facebook and Instagram. For more information on Sarawak and things to do during your Borneo adventure, check out their website.
© 2016, Angela Carson and ExpatAngela.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.