Penang | Old Protestant Cemetery Tour with Clement Liang
The first time I realised that the beauty of a city is reflected and can be found in the history of its cemeteries was in October, 2008. My daughter and I were in Venice, Italy celebrating her 13th birthday and we took a vaporetto (water bus) to the cemetery island there and found the experience left a lasting impression on us. So when the opportunity arose to explore Penang’s most famous cemetery I leapt at the chance. source site The UNESCO-protected Old Protestant Cemetery (or Francis Light Cemetery) offers free tours on the last Sunday of each month by one of Penang’s most well respected historian tour guides, Clement Liang.
Penang Cemetery Tour with Clement Liang
Clement also sits on the Board that oversees renovations in the city to ensure they are carried out to UNESCO World Heritage City standards. Don’t miss either this tour with him or the one he does at the UNESCO Heritage Hotel Cheong Fatt Tze, The Blue Mansion, they are so wonderful.
Free Cemetery Tour
- Francis Light Cemetery Tour is held every last Sunday of the month from 2.00-2.45pm
- Location: Old Protestant Cemetery on Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah
- The tour is free for anyone with advance registration
- For more information contact the Tourist Information Centre at 04-263 1166 or visit their Facebook page or the special Cemetery Tour Page on the My Penang website.
© 2017, Angela Carson and ExpatAngela.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
Latest posts by Angela Carson (see all)
- Rad Alchemist Vlog | Malaysian Beauty Brand Review - 06/06/2018
- Pros & Cons of Expat Life (Kids, Depression, Work) - 01/06/2018
- A 5-Day Guide to New York - 21/05/2018