Ride Kuala Lumpur’s LRT from KLCC to Bangsar (and How to Buy Tickets)
Looking for a zippie way to get around the Kuala Lumpur? Well, I tested out the LRT line next to my new condo this weekend and had a blast! It’s crazy cheap, easy to navigate, clean, lively, and efficient. I live next to Petronas Tower now and have experienced first-hand how insane the traffic is here at peak hours so the LRT to/from KLCC to just about anywhere is a good plan and beats sitting in an Uber during rush hour traffic 🙂
Come with me through the station entrance at Avenue K (opposite Petronas Towers) and ride the LRT from underground to above ground and over to Bangsar.
Here’s how to buy ticket and use the LRT like you’re back home on the tube / subway / underground. I suggest buying your ticket from the cash self-service machines as they are fast and easy to use >>
- Identify which train line you need AND know the name of your stop
- Select the line you need
- On the next screen, find the station you need (they aren’t in alphabetical order but in order of their location on the line but there is a button on the upper right ‘A > Z’ so you can sort them alphabetically if you want!)
- The amount of your fare is displayed
- Simply insert that amount in coin or bills (it will give change if needed)
- Take your plastic token and change …. you are done 🙂
© 2017, Angela Carson and ExpatAngela.com. All rights reserved. Do not copy and reproduce text or images without permission.
Latest posts by Angela Carson (see all)
- A 5-Day Guide to New York - 21/05/2018
- Kuala Lumpur: Life In A Malaysian Moist Cake Bakery - 09/05/2018
- Hassan al-Kontar | Meeting Syrian Living 46 Days in Malaysian Airport - 22/04/2018